Don’t Risk Lives – Three Tips To Develop Safe Driving Habits With Subliminal Messages
Can you proudly look back on your track record as a driver? Do you find yourself always going for car repairs for those dents and scratches you just can’t seem to avoid? Have you been in major car accidents?
Remember that every time you get behind the wheel, you hold your life and that of your passengers in your hands. Aside from that, being a bad driver also decreases your chances of getting good car insurance deals. And those are just the beginning of all the disadvantages of being a bad driver.
But how can you really avoid accidents and make a better driver out of yourself? After all, aren’t those just accidents? Can you really prevent them? Does the problem really lie with you?
The answer is, yes, your safety on the road depends on your abilities as a driver and your driving habits. Accidents may threaten to happen, but if you have the right driving skills and habits, there are many ways to prevent them from actually occurring. Here are some tips on how to become a better and safer driver.
1. Sit properly. According to Ford Motor Company, the way that a driver is seated in the car actually has an effect on a driver’s skills. If you are properly and comfortably seated, you will be more at ease when you drive. This way, you can handle the vehicle more easily, manage the right speed, and feel more stable when you drive. This also eliminates any distractions that may be caused by your own uncomfortable body.
2. Improve mental alertness. One of the most important factors in being a safe and careful driver is mental alertness. If you are mentally aware of everything that’s going on, it is easier for you to deal with the many mental demands of driving. This will improve reaction times as well as mind and body coordination; thus, you act faster but more carefully.
Being mentally alert also helps you concentrate on the road so you won’t succumb to distractions easily. Statistics show that the number of drivers who have gotten into accidents due to cell phone distractions has risen to scary heights. And this is just one of the many causes of distractions. You also have to fight off the urge to fiddle with your CD player, chat with your passengers, eat or drink, and so on.
Old drivers tend to be less careful and meticulous because they feel a little too comfortable in the driver’s seat. They sometimes take their eyes off the road or take their hands off the wheel. Those should be avoided, regardless of your range of experience as a driver.
3. Train your mind. So how can you make yourself be more mentally alert at all times? You can do this by training your mind so you can become a careful and more considerate driver. To train your mind, you can use subliminal messages that can plant the seeds of good driving habits in your subconscious mind.
Your subconscious mind is what controls your impulses, instincts, habits, and behavior. If you train it to think and react like a good driver does, then you will impulsively, instinctively, and habitually behave like one.
Subliminal messages can help you become a better driver in many ways. They can help you focus on the road, take better notice of details and possible hazards, and be considerate towards other drivers. You will be keenly aware of your speed and you can boost your ability to remember all the road laws you need to obey.
Here are some examples of subliminal messages you can use:
– I am a safe and cautious driver.
– I know my limits and stick to them at all times.
– I am always focused on the road ahead.