Gas prices shooting through the roof, it makes sense to make your car more fuel efficient. This way you will save money. Here are some tips that will help you save money on gas in the long run and they will also make your car more fuel efficient.
1. The moment you crank up your car, you should drive. While this may seem obvious to many people, there are others who start their car and then leave it idle for a while. When you start your car and drive off immediately, you keep the car running only when you need it.
2. There are drivers who have the tendency of constantly braking. Learn to drive without breaking your ride. This will help to increase the fuel efficiency of your car by as much as 30 percent. Look to change your lane rather than braking for a vehicle ahead of you.
3. If you intend stopping your car for more than 10 minutes, you should immediately switch it off. This will help to keep fuel efficiency high and you will burn more gas than what is required.
4. Never switch off your car if you are going to be stopping for only few minutes. The reason for this is very simple. The amount of gas it takes to start the car is more than what you will burn in those few minutes.
5. Make sure the tires are properly inflated as it will help to reduce the drag and increase fuel efficiency. This means checking the pressure in the tires regularly.
While it does not look like gas prices are going to come down some time soon, you should do your bit to ensure that you get the most out of a gallon of gasoline. Just follow the tips mentioned above and you will end up with more fuel efficiency than you ever dreamed of.